Friday, January 30, 2015

A Time For Miracles‏

A note from Sister Skaggs mom - sorry I haven't put up her blog the last two weeks. Computer problems. I'm hoping all is fixed and I can upload pictures again.  In the meantime, even if I can't get the pictures uploaded I will just post her e-mail and add pictures later.  Enjoy!



To All I Love,


So this e-mail is going to be super short and won't be like the rest of them because I only have about 5 minutes to write this e-mail. Due to the fact that I don't have a preparation day for just under 2 weeks the AP's have given the sisters who will have to wait over 10 days for their next p-day time to write home for about 15 minutes. So that is why I'm writing now.

Things have been amazing this past week! I want to share one small miracle before I have to go.

Tracy and Michael:

Ahhhh, I just LOVE THEM sooo much!! I was almost in tears when I had to say goodbye to them on Sunday night. They are amazing. They weren't able to attend church on Sunday due to the fact that the wedding is on Thursday. But they said they look forward to being able to attend when they get back. They are flying to Hawaii for a week for the honeymoon and then Michael has a quick business trip to Washington. But as we were talking they asked us when we would be able to see them again. We mentioned, "Well, whenever you can." Michael was like, "Well, how about when we get sealed in the Temple." Ummm wait what?? Yah, that is exactly what he said. Sister Bryuzgina and I just about literally fell out of our chairs in the Teaching Center. We were like, "Wait, when do you want to get married in the Temple?" They said, "When we can." We told them it would probably be about a year because they will have to wait till they have been baptized for a year. I told them that if they were sealed after the first of Feb. of next year that I wouldn't miss it for the world. So Mom and Dad, if you want, I will be flying to Florida probably pretty soon after I get off my mission for their sealing. Well, that is if everything works out. But they were like, "We can't wait to get back from everything and just relax and be able to focus more on learning, etc." We will continue to keep in touch with them via e-mail while we are outbound and they promised they would send us pics of the wedding. Ahh, I wish you could be here to meet them. I will miss them so much! But I know I will be able to see them again someday hopefully at their sealing next year. They are beyond prepared to receive the Gospel in their life and I can't wait for the day when they will be baptized and will be able to enter into that covenant with their Father in Heaven and start that journey back home to their Heavenly Father.

Zone Accountability:



So the pictures I sent home were from Zone Meeting on Friday. The pictures are of us with our other faces. The Zone Leaders took pictures of us and then a computer system figured out what we were supposed to look like. Apparently I have a really wide face... Hmm, wasn't a happy camper with that one. Haha! They were like, "Sister Skaggs, that looks like you - well, when you smile, and the eyes on you have cute Asian eyes." I just laughed. Haha. I have always had Asian eyes since I was born. But it's crazy to think but as a Zone we exceeded our baptismal goal. We had a goal of 20 and we had 26 baptisms this transfer. One companion had 10 BAPTISMS this transfer!! Yah, I dropped my jaw when I heard that as well. It's possible. Just trust in the Lord at all times and have faith.
Well I have to get going! The next time I will e-mail you I will be in VIRGINIA. I'm beyond excited for this next step! I will be with my new mission president in less than 48 hours now! I know this is where I'm supposed to be and I look forward to being able to share with you all the amazing people I meet and experiences I have over there. I love you all!!











I can't forget to write at least one spiritual thing. I love 3 Nephi 27:5. I love how it talks about how we are taking Christ's name upon us. Ask yourself how am I taking his name upon me? Am I representing him in all that I do? I love that verse. I invite you all to read it and study it. I love my Savior so much and I feel so blessed to have him in my life and to have this Gospel in my life!

I really have to get off now! I love you be safe and I will talk to you next week!!

Love,

Sister Skaggs

No comments:

Post a Comment