Sunday, July 13, 2014

Final Goodbye

     Well this is it. I wont have time to post anything later on so I figured I should get it done now while I still had the time. Later on this evening I will be getting set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's crazy to think this day has come.
      My emotions are all over the place right now. I am excited, nervous, anxious and scared. But overall I'm looking forward to this new adventure that lays ahead.
      I just want to leave you with my testimony. That I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, that is something I cannot and will not deny. I can testify of this because I have seen the blessings that come from striving to live it's teachings. I know Joseph Smith truly did restore this gospel upon the earth that he did see God the Father and his son Jesus Christ. I can testify of that because I have felt the spirit bare witness to me of it being true. I know with all of my heart that God lives that he knows each of us by name, that he loves us unconditionally. I know that our Savior lives, that he took upon himself all the sins of the world. That every sin we have ever and will ever commit he took upon himself those sins. He took upon himself all the suffering and sorrow we will ever feel. He knows us perfectly. I can testify of this because I have felt his love, when I have needed it most. I will not ever deny that my Father in Heaven loves me, and that my Savior loves me and sacrificed his life for me. I know the Book of Mormon to be true, that it was written for our day for a purpose. I can testify that as we open our hearts to the teachings found with in it we will be directed towards the answers we are searching for in our life. I know we have a living prophet today President Thomas S. Monson who leads and guides us, who receives direct revelation from our Father in Heaven for us today. I know all of this to be true. I can testify that as we allow the spirit to touch our hearts we will receive a special witness of the truthfulness of these things. I will not ever deny the truthfulness of these things, I have felt the spirit bare witness to me of the truthfulness of these things and that's something I will never deny.  I leave these things with you in the name of our beloved savior Jesus Christ amen.

Love,
Sister Skaggs

No comments:

Post a Comment